The price of the tour is R42 510.00 if you are flying from Cape Town or Johannesburg. The tour can only be paid with EFT or Cash. No credit cards will be accepted. The price of the tour is based on an exchange rate of R15.66 to the Euro. If the exchange rate of flights changes, the tour price will be affected. The final price will be calculated on 20 April 2020.
How do we calculate the final price? We subtract R12 500 for the plane ticket and admin costs from the total = R30004. The R30004.00 will be divided by the original exchange rate as stated above. R30004 ÷ 15.66= € 1916. That is then the Euro cost of the tour without the flights. The €1916 will then be multiplied by the buying exchange rate of the day, for example if the exchange rate of the day is R15 : €1916 x 15.00 = R28740. The R12 500 for the flights will then be added to this amount again. This means that if the exchange rate strengthens to R15, the tour price will decrease to R41240. If the exchange rate weakens, the tour price will increase.
WHEN DO YOU PAY?
The first deposit of R4000 is payable when you submit your entry form. On 1 Dec 2019 you will pay a further R4000. The balance will be due before 1 May 2020.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE? :
- Economic class plane tickets from Cape Town or Johannesburg. NB Airport Tax of +- R3000 is excluded.
- All travel cost as indicated on the itinerary.
- All city tours, tourist attractions and boat cruises as indicated on the program.
- Accommodation in Youth Hostels of Cabins.
- Dinner and Breakfast
EXCLUDED FROM THE TOUR:
- Visa’s and passports. We will assist you in obtaining the visa, but you will be responsible for the payment of the visa.
- Tours and activities that do not form part of the itinerary. Museum fees and entry fees not included in the itinerary.
- Pocket Money: Nobody will be allowed to take more than Euro 1000 pocket money, but Euro 600 is more than enough.
- Insurance +- R600.
- Airport Tax. We expect it to be less than R3000.
CHARACTER OF THE TOUR:
Lots of Free time Accommodation is not luxurious. You will share accommodation with 6 people. In most places you will have shared ablutions.
European Camp sites are not nearly as clean as South African camp sites.
It will sometimes be expected of you to help with dishes and other small tasks.
You will be treated as a young adult, but it will be expected of you to keep to certain rules. If you do not want to stick to rules as set out in the agreement, please do not bother to enter.
This tour is not a drinking tour and we uphold Christian norms.
There are compulsory activities.